[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/3/ - 3DCG

View post   

File: 169 KB, 965x655, blender_vs_maya_cover.1102x655.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
982263 No.982263 [Reply] [Original]

Is learning blender a waste of time if I'm serious about learning animation?
I just want to animate anime girls with bouncy boobies fighting with weapons and magic like RWBY.
I've seen people say that Maya is better for animation than blender but I've not seen people actually explain what makes it better specifically. Is it the UI or something? I only have experience in Blender and cinema 4d. I prefer animating in blender over C4D. Right now I'm not doing shit professionally but I don't want to waste time learning Blender if I'm just going to have to learn Maya later. I'm not getting any younger over here.

I've taken a 3d animation and modeling course at college just for an art minor. I plan on taking animation again but learning Maya instead of cinema 4d. Would it be better to just fuck around in blender making meme shit until this fall or should I just dive into Maya?

>> No.982270

>>982263
Maya if you want to get a job

>> No.982304

animation is animation, software is less than 1% of the actual work. Blender is free, so that's good enough for me. I have used maya too and personally I like it but this shit isn't my job and at the end of the day I prefer blender's ui and ease of use over maya. mostly I just know blenders shortcuts better.

studios use maya because they have always used maya. if they could seamlessly move to blender and save a buck without disrupting the pipeline, they would. but it would unironically cost more time and money to transition to blender than it would to simply maintain the status quo. so yeah, if you want a job go with maya. blender will always be there for you if you want to play with bouncy anime tiddies though, there is no rule against using both programs.

>> No.983019

>>982263
Ask yourself why Blender is a meme on /3/

>> No.983030
File: 67 KB, 498x498, pepe-peepo.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>982263
It's 2024 already my nigga, blender died with covid and Dark Cris.

>> No.983033
File: 98 KB, 896x960, 1643621036801.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>982263
yes, next question
>for anime girls
you can use anything you want, try anything available,blendet, source filmmaker, pirate shit, THE ONLY REASON YOU USE A TOOL IS BECAUSE MAKES YOUR LIFE EASIER, THAT IS ABOUT IT

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE AUSTITIC OR BRAINROTTED ABOUT WHAT SOFTWARE YOU USE, AT THE END OF THE DAY RESULTS ARE WHAT MATTER AND TIME MATTERS TO, SPEED IS THE NAME OF THE GAME BABY