[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 200 KB, 322x395, 1430828018593.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7169490 No.7169490 [Reply] [Original]

I know art in general isn't in the best place when it comes to monetization thanks to things like AI and all, but something that's still making tons of revenue online is content creation, mainly videos and stuff, but social media as a whole. I've never been more than a hobby artist, but I'd like to use my art as a side hustle, though commissions now seem like they wouldn't cut it alone, so I want to make content, videos of timelapses and/or some lessons of what I know perhaps. I know now the main platforms for art are Instagram and Twitter, while for videos it's YouTube and TikTok, anyone here have any experience on any of these at all?

>How does monetization work between them?
>Which one is best for a hobbyist to have at all?
>Which is the quickest to get monetized in still?
>Are any of 'em more unreliable than the others?

I'm thinking of making videos and content for all of them on the side, though I've never done it at all before, and have no idea of what it takes for a real shot at getting monetized, not famous, just a bit of extra money for the month doing a task I don't find too troublesome or difficult. Are there any general tips and words of advice I should be hearing before doing any of this? I know that the chances of me losing motivation and giving up early are high, but I've got a drive and a part of me wants to at least try this out before giving up on the idea altogether. I feel like I could help out a bit too, we can always teach something we do.

>> No.7169492

>>7169490
go to biz

>> No.7170976

>>7169490
You need to be popular first on certain niche to be able to monetize